Sunday, March 30, 2008

35 weeks - The heat is on


35 down, five more to go!! I am doing really good. I feel good, my energy levels are back to normal. I got this diabetic diet thing down pat. I prick my finger and bleed all over a little stick four times a day and I have not yet, NOT ONCE, gone over my sugar levels. Go ME! Nurse treestump, as I have dubbed her, was once again proven to be an idiot. lol.


As my title suggest, I have finally gotten hot. My internal temperature finally heated up. Unfortunately for me, my A/C on my car went out last week!! I need a new car, but I cannot afford a new car and a new baby. Since I have already ordered the new baby and I am expecting her in a few weeks, I will wait on the car. :) Seriously, I am HOT. Jon is freezing his buns off in the house and I keep turning down the air conditioner. haha. I told him he will have to endure it for five more weeks!


Today was a rough day. My sugar level, when I checked it before breakfast was WAY low. I thought it was odd, but I did not think anything of it. I checked it again two hours after breakfast and it was still lower than normal. Still, she did not give me a range, just how much it could not go over. I started having problems breathing, my tummy was just so tight. Jon was getting ready to leave and go get some lunch and I was standing by the door talking to him and everything went black. I dropped to my knees (an amazing feat for such a pregnant girl) and tried to get the blood to rush back to my head. That is the closest I have ever come to passing out. It was bad. I have never had everything just turn black on me like that. Jon came over and rubbed my back and helped me to the couch. I felt so bad all over. I started having braxton hicks contractions. Which are painless, but they make it really hard to breath. Your whole stomach is just so tight you cannot do anything but pant.

I assume these were braxton hicks contractions, I did not have them the first time around. But, whatever contractions they were, they lasted over an hour and they were coming every 15 minutes or so. I was so uncomfortable, I did not know whether to call the doctor or what. I was also having cramps, like monthly cramps. Jon helped me to the bed so I could be comfortable and he stayed in there with me and massaged me. It freaked him out, worried him. It finally went away, all the pressure and pain, and I was completely fine. I told Jon that was just a sliver of the labor experience, a small window into what it will be like. Of course if I have a successful epidural, I won't feel anything, so maybe I will be sitting there watching tv like other women say they did. :) I don't know if my blood sugar being low had anything to do with what happened today, but Jon gave me two chips-a-hoy cookies after my fainting episode. That was one good thing that came out of the whole experience. I have my regular check up tomorrow, so hopefully they can tell me more.

1 comment:

Nilla said...

Well, I am not a doctor, but I am almost positive the fainting was from low blood sugar. I'm sure here is a range out there on the Internet somewhere that can give you an idea of where you want to be. But you should definitely mention the whole thing to your doc and tell him about the diet the nutritionist put you on. She might have cut too much sugar out of your diet... Also, a quick fix to get blood sugar back up is to drink orange juice. This whole thing sounds scary! Glad you are better!