Friday, March 7, 2008

Diabetes test - Take two

I went for my diabetic test today. I got up at five something this morning, woke up my family and off we went. I got there about 6:30 and we were there until 10:00. They drew my blood four times!! She kept alternating arms and telling me how lucky I was that I had good veins. I did not feel so 'lucky'. My arms are hurting and bruised, both of them, but all in all it went fine. The last time she took blood I got faint feeling. It was funny, I did not even realize what was happening. She told me I was looking flushed and I said it was really hot in there. LOL. Everything was swimming in front of me. Another nurse came in with a wet paper towels for my forehead and they kept telling me to cough, cough, cough. (I assuming coughing forces the blood back to your head?) I don't know what happened, I mean this was the fourth time in 3 hours she had taken my blood, I was not nervous or anything. I guess since it was so late and I had been fasting since midnight and drank all that sugar, my body tried to shut down on me..... too funny. Closest I have ever come to fainting. Well, second closest.... that is a story for another time.

The good thing was the LabCorp in Ocala actually has a glucose testing waiting room. It has two recliners and a TV/DVD combo. Alysha and I stretched out, watched two movies (Serendipity and Runaway bride) and rested. Where was Jon, you ask? He stayed in the car and slept the WHOLE time. I will just call him my personal driver. lol. This time was a lot better. Drinking that stuff did not make me sick and feel awful like it did last time. This time it really did not affect me at all, I hope that is a good sign like my body processed it better this time. The only flavor they had was Orange, which was SO much better than the cherry. I did not gag at all, it tasted decent.

I am just glad its over. I will get the results next week sometime.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Orange is tha flavor I drank too. It really reminded me of orange soda. Hope you get great results this time.

Nilla said...

Wasn't the other time you almost fainted when you were preggers with Alysha? I know I've heard that story... And it seems to me that your mom was in the room when it happened... Oh, and SERENDIPITY is awesome. And I'm really glad that this time the stuff didn't taste as bad! But I'm still sorry they had to take your blood 4 times. YUCK.

Nilla said...

So... I'm waiting on your 32 week pic :). Just so you know!