Saturday, March 1, 2008

31 weeks down, nine more to go

It sounds weird to say I am thirty one weeks along. Nine weeks until my due date. Wow. This has been the most fun little pregnancy, up to now anyway. I am nice and big and uncomfortable, but I still feel good and get around great. I think the closer it gets, the more anxious Jon gets. He has been so sweet and good to me. Not that he normally isn't, but he treats me with 'extra care'. (like I'm gonna break. :) I am not complaining, I like it. He still just looks at me with awe when he sees my and my belly. The other day, I was irritated with him and I was standing beside the recliner and he was sitting down watching TV. I started telling what I thought about something and I instinctively crossed my arms. When he looked back up at me, he burst out laughing, right in the middle of my little speech. Apparently, I looked hilarious to him, buddha with her arms crossed on top of her belly. I knew it was awkward, but I did not know just how funny I looked. Either way, we both started laughing and I never finished my point, I guess it must not have been too important.....

Alysha lays with me for a little while on the nights Jon is home (I go to bed earlier than anyone else in the house). One night this week we were laying there and Shayla started her routine. She just starts going at it and my whole tummy just contorts for about 30 minutes. Alysha just laid her hand on my stomach and we just laid there, not really talking. After Shayla stopped moving, Alysha sat up and said, "mom, that was so cool, THAT WAS SO COOL!" I love seeing this pregnancy through the eyes of my family. They are just so neat.

Now, 'cool' is not how I would describe the gymnastics on my insides. It is a miracles and everything, but it is not fun for the mommy. But I am glad Jon and Alysha enjoy it so. Jon likes to lay his hand on my tummy at night too, waiting for Shayla to get revved up. Thankfully she does not do it every night.

No comments: