Thursday, March 6, 2008

doctor today


I went for my regular check-up. These appointments seem so pointless. They don't do anything I cannot do at home. I can weigh myself, check my blood pressure and listen to the heartbeat here at the house! (I can even pee in a cup here - haha). But, it is important I guess, so I do it. I have only good news. I have gained a total of 17 pounds, right on schedule for 32 weeks. The doctor said that I needed to go ahead and have the the second diabetes test done and I promised him that I would be doing that tomorrow. Jon is going to take me because I dread, dread, dread it. The doctor told me today that I have to drink TWO of those bottles of glucose for this test. I almost started crying when he told me that. I just don't want to do it again, but I feel better about it knowing Jon will be there.
We left the doctor and went and had our customary lunch at chick-fil-a. We always go there afterwards cause that is what I crave. I love that place, I could eat it all the time. lol. Jon, Alysha and I had a really great day together. We went to the mall and walked around some, did some window shopping. I let Alysha come back with us at the doctors office this time, so she could hear the heartbeat. She really enjoyed that, it has been neat involving her in this pregnancy so much this time.

2 comments:

Nilla said...

Love the cartoon! And good job on keeping your weight on track!

Nicole said...

Proud of you for being such a good pregnant mommy! Have you been able ot use the home heartbeat monitor? I loved to listen every day!