Wednesday, January 2, 2008

doctor again - almost 23 weeks!!

Today was my doctors appointment. He likes to see me about every 6 to 7 weeks. I only stress out about it cause I have the dreaded "weigh in". lol. I am so crazy about my weight, I need to get over it, I just can't seem to stop obsessing. I mean, I haven't stop overeating, just obsessing about how much I have gained. :)

So anyway, I left the customary specimen and then it was time for the scale. I take off my shoes, cause you know they add like five pounds, right? So, crazy as I am, I insist on taking of my sneakers before I get on the scale every time. haha. It was not as bad as I thought. I had only gained five pounds since my last visit. That makes a total of six pounds for the whole pregnancy, which puts me right on schedule. Why I am so anal about it, I just cannot understand. So, that put me in a good mood right off. Five pounds was alot, but I blame Hila and all that food we had. As I said in a previous post, it is unfair to be preggo during the holidays. But, I digress...... The rest of the appointment went fine. All my labs are fine. I am having no problems, just the normal pregnancy related stuff. My doctor is SO nice, we really like him. I had two or three questions for him and he really put my mind at ease. If all these "do-gooders" would stop putting thoughts in my head of all the things that can go wrong, I would not have any questions or concerns. :) People find out your pregnant and they like to tell you their horror stories.


He did tell me that the second time around you can generally expect your labor to last half as long. (this is not a rule, just in general, so don't leave me comments about how that is not true). It made me happy, I like to hear things like that. I was in labor for 24 hours the first time around, so maybe this time it will only be twelve. :) He also put to bed some fears someone had put in my head about epidurals. Someone told me that you can only have one if you are less than 3 or 5 centimeters dilated. He said that is absolutely not true. Good. I wish people would stop giving me things to worry about. I did not have one the first time, so either way I will be fine, but having zero pain would be nice. :)

I had taken a picture of my naked belly to post, but I think it is a fat tummy and I changed my mind. ha ha. I do have a picture of the Christmas ornaments I bought cheap at hallmark today. One is for 2007, it is a stork so that I will remember I was expecting that Christmas. The other is a baby's first Christmas ornament that is a sweet little baby in her cradle and it has no year. I bought a baby's first Christmas for Alysha too and I still hang it every year. How special. Here's the pic....
I will not post again on Friday when I actually hit 23 weeks. This is my pregnancy post. I do have lots to say about Hila's recent visit. Since I am all alone starting tomorrow (Jon leaves for work and the baby is in Alabama), I will post those stories later.
I also went to Motherhood Maternity today and bought a pair of petite maternity jeans, they were on sale half off and I need one good pair of jeans. I did not have any maternity jeans, I have been wearing my larger size jeans that I keep when I put on a little weight. They fit good in the waist, but they hang off of me, so I decided I deserved one good pair of jeans that fit nice in the tushy. :) Jeans are all I wear when I work and I will be working for the next seven days.

2 comments:

Nilla said...

Glad I can be of service and be your scapegoat for all the bad food consumed :). You know it was worth it!

Nicole said...

I had my epidural at 5cm and it was the BOMB!!!!