Saturday, January 5, 2008

waddling through walmart

I got up yesterday morning and decided to go run errands. Here I am, foot loose and fancy free (no Jon or alysha) and I go run boring errands. It was just something to do, instead of sitting around the very quiet house. My last stop was Wal-Mart to buy some groceries. I have definitely developed a distinct waddle now. (You would waddle too if you were slightly over five feet tall and someone strapped a half a watermelon to your stomach.) Unfortunately, on my grocery list is cat food and I don't have Alysha with me to do the heavy lifting. I don't know if you have ever priced cat food, but you save money by buying it in the big bag. I debated on getting the smaller bag, just to make it easy on myself, but after adding it in my head, i could not bring myself to do it. I am woman hear me roar..... haha. I haul the twenty pound bag of kitty chow into the bottom of my buggy and I am quite proud of myself. I did it without falling down or pulling anything.


I finish walking all over Wallyworld at my new snail's pace and I proceed to check-out. I politely ask the check out girl if she can scan that sucker without me having to pick it back up. I really don't think I could have anyway, but she was able to walk over there with her handy dandy scanner. Now, keep in mind I have been walking around wal-mart for a while so I am slightly winded. The check lady scans my items and then asks me if I need help getting my stuff to the car. LOL. Your kidding me right? You know Walmart does not have bag boys, this is not Winn Dixie. I must have looked really pathetic for her to offer to get me someone to walk me out. Of course, I politely declined. I told the helpful lady that I managed to get it in there, I would get it out. I am only 23 weeks along, how sad will I be when I get a really big tummy...........

3 comments:

Nilla said...

I LOVE the visual of the 1/2 of the watermelon strapped around your belly :).

Anonymous said...

Mom...You cant even say "Roar". LOL. I Miss you. Great blog!

Anonymous said...

Mom....You can even say "Roar". That is funny. Great blog!