Thursday, January 24, 2008

shopping at wal-mart

Tonight we went to wal-mart with a two-fold mission. I had a great coupon for diapers and a gift card to use on a board game. I have been working some and making some extra money, so I have decided, now that I have finally paid off Alysha's very expensive braces, that I will buy some diapers every week with my money. I got a great coupon in the mail for $3.00 off huggies diapers, which is an awesome coupon. So I wanted to go get me some diapers and some wipes, which I also had a coupon for. FUN!!

We also had a gift card, that I got from Kristy this year for Christmas that she said was to be specifically used for a board game. Now, when she gave me this, I was worried. There is something you should know about us. We are a game playing family and we own a closet full of games. No joke. The top of Alysha's closet is FILLED with board games. I went to the closet and counted before we left and there are a total of 32 board games in there. (which does not count all the card games we own) So, I was worried that we would be able to find something we actually wanted to get that we don't actually own. Now, I get all our games at garage sales and thrift stores, cause it saves bunches of money and I am cheap. It is crazy to pay full price for a game when you can get the exact same thing that is gently used second hand. We got there and looked at the game aisle and I promise we own over 90% of the games there. Luckily, we found one game I have only played once, but always wanted to own. MAD GAB. Yeah!! Crisis averted. Now we have game number 33!! Correction, I have five games in my closet so it was really game 38!!!



No comments: