Friday, April 11, 2008

37 weeks - Are you ready?

I have three weeks left until my due date! 21 days! This past week went by really fast. Tomorrow Jon and I go to a childbirth class. I am really wanting to do this for Jon's benefit, but since it has been twelve years, I guess I might benefit too. One of his shipmates wife is also pregnant, due five days after me, and they are taking the same class, so we will know someone there. It looks like poor Alysha will have to go and sit outside the room all day. How boring, but the subject matter will be a little to graphic for her, according to the facilitator. The class is all day, 9 -5:00. I am taking one locally, so I will skip the tour of the maternity ward, since I won't be using that hospital.

When I walk into a room, everybody stares. It is funny because it seems to still bother Alysha, but I do not even notice anymore. Go ahead and look at my big ol' belly, I am pregnant and proud. :) The one question I am getting all the time is, "Your ready aren't you". We went to quizno's last night for dinner and the man who made my sandwich told me I was not allowed to "pop" in his store. Hardy-har-har. Then he asked me If I was ready, to which I always reply YES! But, really, the more I think about it, the less I am just dying to get this over with. Being pregnant and carrying around this miracle has been the most rewarding and awesome experience ever. I have LOVED being pregnant, even though I complain about all the aches and pains, being pregnant is really special. A little part of me wants to wait a little bit longer, to enjoy the now. I enjoy how special my family treats me, you know that will end when I am no longer "delicate". hee hee. I am excited at the thought of bringing Shayla home. I think about it alot and even dream about her. How neat is that? So, on one hand I am ready, but on the other hand, it means the end of something really special.


I have become more sappy and philosophical in my pregnant state. Of course, I am very emotional and my feelings get upset really easy. Here is a pic of me in my most favorite place. On the couch with a pillow under my belly, RESTING!! I look like a beached whale.
My next doctors appointment will be next Thursday. I have a pretty busy week planned for next week, Alysha has alot of activities. Unfortunately, they changed Jon's work schedule and went back to the Port and Starboard, which means he is home less. No more daywork days (which are 9-5 days). He works every other weekend - all three days. So he leaves on Friday and comes home on Monday. I hate this schedule because he works 15 days out of the month, with the other schedule, he only worked 9 days. God blessed us though because while he was on that other schedule, I was able to work twice as much. With this schedule, I cannot barely work at all, which is fine since I am not working anymore. We were able to save some money, the Lord really blessed us. God always supplies our needs (and I am not speaking just financially.)

4 comments:

Nicole said...

So, I'm 23 weeks pregnant and your entire blog is cracking me up. Thanks. I signed up just so I could leave you a comment.

juliebean said...

well, I am glad you liked it. Maybe you will get some ammunition to fire back at all the stupid things people will say right to your face as your start showing more and more!

Nicole said...

Hey girlie! YOu look beautiful! I keep checking to see if you've gone into labor yet, but I guess you wouldn't really be thinking about posting when that happens! Can't wait! and, you're right about enjoying the moment. I get a little sad now and then. I miss feeling the miracle of life moving inside of me and knowing it cannot happen again... GOD is good!

Nilla said...

You so do not look like a beached whale. That is a great picture of you on the couch :). I'm so excited for you!!!