Saturday, April 5, 2008

36 Weeks - Is that all?

I have one word to describe this last week of pregnancy - Uncomfortable! I think I have hit that point where everyone kept saying it was going to go by so sllloooowwww. Sitting, standing, walking, laying, and basically being alive right now is miserable. LOL. My body is extra tired and I have to use the little princess's room so much I might as well put a couch in there and hang out. The baby moves ALOT!! This is not a happy exciting thing cause she hurts me, my insides are so sore. She likes to get in these positions that she obviously finds comfortable, but that nearly kill my body. I don't know what she is doing in there. I am ready for her to come out. NOW. I did read that little ticker at the top of my page and it said 27 more days, that makes it sound close. When I think four weeks it sounds like a death sentence.

Actually, I really hope she waits one more week, I would hate for her to come to early. With diabetes, her development is slowed by about a week, so she would have a harder time than normal babies would. The lungs are the last thing to develop and I want her to be all developed and ready before she makes her little arrival.

On an exciting note, I had a surprise baby shower yesterday!!!!! I have talked before about Alysha being in GLOW - a christian girls group. Well, we had our meeting yesterday at the park and when I finally waddled up to the pavillion from the car, everyone was standing around this table full of food and gifts and yelled "surprise". It was so nice. These moms are so great! I look forward to the meetings because while Alysha is learning, I get to visit with the other moms. The party was so nice. My friend Emily had come over earlier in the week and helped me put stuff away, so she knew exactly what I needed and had given a list out to everyone, so I got NO REPEATS! Of course, I got no pictures, but one of the other moms did, so maybe I can post one later. I mean, I don't carry my camera around just in case someone throws me a surprise shower. heehee.

One other positive note, 27 days until I can drink sweet tea again. Do you realize how torturous it is to have intense cravings and not be able to satisfy them. My first meal after going through labor will be Chick fil A. I used to eat that once a week!!! An extra LARGE sweet tea, frenchy fries (yes, I call them frenchy fries), and an 8 pack nugget. Luckily for me there is one right across the street from the hospital, how lucky is that???? I think it was divine intervention. haha.

1 comment:

Nilla said...

THat's so neat about the surprise baby shower! Stuff like that just makes your day :)!