Thursday, April 24, 2008

Field trips and Breastfeeding classes

I took Alysha on a field trip yesterday. It was at a local place down here called I-tech. The company makes technology for Indigenous people. The owner is the son of Jim Elliot, the famous missionary that died, along with four other missionaries, at the hands of the Indian tribes they were trying to save. If you have not seen End of the Spear, or Through the gates of Splendor, you should watch them. http://www.endofthespear.com/. The story of these missionaries is remarkable. The plane from the movie was there, along with the plane that the Indian tribe actually destroyed. It was really awesome to meet the man, he has an amazing story, being raised in the same tribe that killed his father. Anyway, it was neat, but I am so pregnant and uncomfortable and there was a lot of standing involved. I managed to get myself a chair. Here I am in the midst of fifty or more people all standing in a group and I am sitting there like a fat little Buddha. I felt SO BAD yesterday. I never did get to feeling better, all day.


I came home from that field trip and took a nice long nap. Then we headed to a breastfeeding class. I was so excited when I found out about this class. Number one it was free and it was close by. So, even though I felt like death warmed over, I went. I am nervous about breastfeeding, hoping it will go smoothly. The class was really good, she said many of the same things I have read in the books, but some of the info was very useful. Watched a great video of how to and how not to breast feed. Unfortunately, Jon was at work, so Alysha had to go with me. She put on her headphones and sat at the back and played Nintendo most of the time. Later, after we left, she told me she looked up a few times and saw parts of the video. She sent a text to her meemaw that said, "help, I'm stuck in a booby class, rescue me!" That is hilarious. Those videos are graphic, nothing that would hurt her to see, not like those childbirth videos, but graphic just the same. LOL. She is too funny. She is a trooper. Here is a picture of her painting Shayla's dresser for me. (I cannot get Jon to do anything for me lately he has become SUCH a procrastinator). Alysha is also redoing her room, doing all the work herself. She kilz the room this week and we are going to buy the paint today, it will be done hopefully before Shayla arrives.

3 comments:

Nilla said...

Glad you got helpful tips at the breastfeeding class. That was a great text message from Alysha. She is so funny. I'm sorry you felt bad all day. I hope today is better.

Katherine Ronachert said...

i'm sure you are dying to have the baby any day now! So just in case, good luck! break a leg! or rather hope your water breaks!
laughed quite a bit! which was needed because i just ate 1/2 bag of butterscotch chips and my stomache needs the exercise.

Katherine Ronachert said...

i'm sure you are dying to have the baby any day now! So just in case, good luck! break a leg! or rather hope your water breaks!
laughed quite a bit! which was needed because i just ate 1/2 bag of butterscotch chips and my stomache needs the exercise.