Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Doctors appointment and Japan surprise

I went to the doctor yesterday, it was not my scheduled visit, but I was having female problems so they went ahead and saw me. Everything checked out fine, but it was a horrible day. There was only one doctor and she had to leave to go deliver a baby, so there was a nice LONG wait. Before that though I got on the scale and it said I have gained 3 pounds. That would be three pounds in ONE WEEK. Last time I was there I had gained HALF a pound in three weeks? What happened. The doctor commented on it, and I told her I don't know how that happened cause I am still on my prison diet. This time, she laughed. I have NO IDEA how I could have gained that much, I don't eat anything good. All this doing without and being SOOOO careful of every little thing that goes into my mouth and I gain three pounds??? I was so ill and outdone when we left there that I went to the gas station and bought a bag of chips and a candy bar and ate it. It felt good and I still don't regret it. I am tired of thinking about food every two hours and planning my days around eating and food and worrying about FOOD. Can you tell? (Jon says it was so high because I had just eaten lunch - a cheeseburger from checkers - which is on my diabetic eating plan. No fries, with water, of course) Now, I know you do weigh more right after you eat, but 3 pounds? Maybe, maybe not.

The baby had not been moving in over twelve hours, so they hooked me up to a fetal monitor while I was there. We got to hear the little heartbeat and watch the print out. The print out also showed if I was having contractions. Turns out that back pain I am having is contractions. I just thought my back was hurting, who knew? I only had two contractions the whole time I was hooked up. It is not a big deal or anything, it is normal, not near labor time yet. :) Shayla did wake up after they hooked me up, she did not like those monitors being tied on and she kicked and bucked in there. Apparently she has been napping, I just needed to annoy her a little to get her started. That is all I will say about my no good, very bad, horrible day at the doctor. I go back in two weeks. Still not seeing me weekly, I told the nurse the doctor wanted to see me weekly, but it did not say that in the computer, so she made a two week appointment. IDIOT! (The computer must be right, forget about what the live person in the office is trying to tell you.)

On an exciting note, when I got home, I had a package all the way from Okinawa, Japan. My friend Angela sent me a box of goodies!! It was so neat! She sent a present just for Alysha, which was so sweet to think of big sis. It was a bag full of candy and a journal, and it was all Japanese looking. Alysha is IN LOVE with the bag it came in, it is so gorgeous. She LOVED the journal and took it to her friends today to show her. It was really nice. Shayla got two of the most beautiful dresses, they are so fancy!! We were ooohhhiinng and aaahhhinnng for a long time. Thanks so much Angela!! You made our day!!

1 comment:

Nilla said...

But remember, you had only gained .5 pounds the week before, and that put you off schedule. Maybe you were just catching up, right? And you are closing in on the end, and so Shayla will start to grow quickly. I wouldn't be too upset about it unless you gain another 3 pounds or so next visit... I'm glad everything is going well though and that Shayla is okay :).