Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My sweet husband

The goal of this blog was to keep memories of this pregnancy for me and for Shayla. One person I have to talk about is Jon. Jon has really been so great through this whole experience. I never imagined he would be such a nurture and caretaker. He absolutely treats me with extreme kindness and patience, especially when I deserve it the least. I have blogged before that Jon treats me like I am fragile, like an egg that breaks easily, and that is so true. I love him for it.

One thing I am really touched by is his patience and kindness towards me. Now Jon is always a kind man, don't get me wrong. All you married people out there know that, in marriage, you get ill with each other at times. Jon never gets outdone with me, when I know he wants to just pinch my head off. Some days I am just ill, just ticked off for no reason, and I feel unable to control my tongue. Jon is so good to never engage in any verbal battle, even though I am asking for it. He stays calm and nice and he usually says something like, "you know what your doing, don't cha?". To which I reply with a grunt and stalk off. haha. For some reason, his biggest fear is me falling down. He is so careful to make sure my path to the bathroom every night is clear and even reminds me to get Alysha to clear it when he is at work. He gives me massages almost daily where I ache. Foot massages are the BEST!! He goes out of his way to make sure I am comfortable and waits on me all the time without complaint. He is so sensitive to my fragile feelings. I cry so easily now and he does his best not to upset me, even when he is not in a good mood. When he is in a bad mood and I start to get upset and cry over small things, he is quick to say he is sorry. He will tell me he knows he is ill and he makes it up to me. He told me the other day he did not know if he wanted me to get pregnant ever again. He worries about me to much. I gotta tell ya, it feels good to be cherished and I will never forget how great my husband has been to me.

Here is a picture of my sexy coastie man! (the only pic there is, since he fried the PC). This is from his MK "A" School in Virginia.


3 comments:

Nilla said...

That is so sweet, Julie. Jon is a good man. I know you know this. But I thought I would say it anyway. I'm glad you found him :).

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

You should have told them which one he was. There are 4 people in that pic, mom. Just incase anyone is wondering, my dad (otherwise refered to as "Sexy Coastie", BLECK, is the one in the middle actually looking into the camera.)

Lysha