Tuesday, April 15, 2008

DE-Lightful Cravings

My first delightful craving is ice cream. We have found the best little ice cream shop down here. It is called D'lites Emporium. It is soooo good. Now, I am not an ice cream person. I prefer cakes or cookies if I am gonna eat sweets, ice cream is just not my thing, but this place is awesome. The best part is, it does not spike my blood sugar!

Now, it may sound so-so, but all the ice cream is low carb-low fat Ice cream. It is a diabetics dream ice cream shop. Seriously. Everyday they serve different flavors. There is a website you can go to and see their daily flavors. www.citrushillsdlites.com. We go two or three times a week and get some. They have the most amazing flavors. There is something about the consistency of the ice cream. It is not sugary, of course, but it is sooo creamy! It really is the consistency of it that makes it so good, it just wraps around your tongue. It is kinda like soft serve at Baskin Robbins, but so much better. I am just so glad to finally have found a local place that we all love. I could eat some everyday. The best part is that a small is big enough for me and alysha to share, and it only costs 2.00. Small price to pay for some diabetic splurging satisfaction.

My second delightful craving is peanut butter. I eat peanut butter everyday, either on whole wheat crackers or bread. I CANNOT go a day without it. I have been that way for two months. I like peanut butter. Shayla is gonna either love it or hate it. I have been eating it so much! So funny. I buy those BIG family size jars of JIF and they dont last me very long.

As I near the end of this whole experience, I am trying to blog about all the small stuff that I want to remember. I really did not have crazy cravings or anything, but these are two things I just LOVED to eat. :)

1 comment:

Nilla said...

I find it so funny that you now love ice cream! And I'm so glad you found a treat nearby :). Also, my friend Karen craved peanut butter and jelly sandwiches when she was pregnant with one of her kids, and that kid loves PB&J to this day. Also... I'm glad you've found something else that "wraps around your tongue," but you didn't say if it was like heaven (like the Cheesecake Factory cheesecake :)). Loveya girlie!